Thursday, January 1, 2009

Rochie 09



Hi There!

Fuck, last night was so good thanks for letting me stay over last night Becca. The fact that I'm having difficulty breathing for the last coupe of days is kinda worrying.
My health is slowly deteriorating. :(
But I got a big slab o' cake off the birthday girl because she's off to work at Vogue!
Win/Win aside from not being able to see Becca til February...

Anyway reflection time.

This year was definitely one of the best ever.
There weren't any particular low points at all, aside from certain falling outs...
Making loads of new friends.
I'd name them all but then I'd be a cool dude, you know who ya're.


This year was also the year I started putting on shows with Demented well the year started out with Joebreaker promotions haha.
Needless to say I was still fresh as fuck, still am haha.
This show was incredible but it wasn't without it's hitches.
We lost a lot of money because of a fairly ridiculous guarantee and HUGE van and I didn't get my money back til about 5 months after! Still was the best way to start out as it really made up for the losses at other shows attendance was pretty mass at this show.
We lost the venue later in the year because of drunken slut kids.
After the show Mac asked me to join Demented with him and Sean and sure here I am, originally Mac asked me to join because of my Greystones hook up, so much for that haha.
I was involved in putting on shows I never ever thought I'd put on some of which had us shitting ourselves over money and some which we thought were gravy trains but fell on their arses.
E.G. Ceremony (Still Awesome)
But I think the fact that we finished in positive figures this year shows a lot for all the work we put in, I mean a lot of people don't acknowledge that I'm even in Demented especially touring bands but it's all good because I get the knowing that I put on rad shows that gets all my friends togetha for a gooood time.
Have Heart was the best anything ever.



Joining Real Talk! happened a bit by mistake as well, Mac posted asking looking for people to join his band I said messing that I HAD a bass and later proved that I couldn't play it haha.
And sure I got to play with a group of sound lads, go on a little mini tour of Ireland with No Turning Back and play with some of my favourite bands. We're on a break but sure we'll see how things go in the summer but if 09 is as good as I imagined it would be in 04, we're laughin.

R.I.P. Remikyosh

With all the shows and stuff and then things like games nights in Becca's, going back to Mac's after a night in Fibbers for some Prevo and Prevomania which is becoming less likely that I'll ever win haha, Unlimited Card for Cineworld (Currently in a coma), Ghosties, Jack's 21st, Ciara's Chrimbo Classic, Pirate-x-Ninja's party, finding big bags of Jelly, Notorious B.I.G., traveling with the lads to shows, Pizza Hut with Ruthie, chats with Olivia on the phone because she is almost never available to hang causa college haha, Meteor Offer of a Lifetime, London,
Glassjaw, aside from the fact that they're the worst band ever, MOUSTACHES
Passing out in Classnevin...a lot and hangin with everyone in Classnevin :)
Dudes like Derry who does so much for Demented and the lads. Icepick and Paris
Mark losing his Finches, Fallout 3, Xbox Live Party Chat with the lads, Manchester United grabbing a double and the prospect that 09 will be even better!
Best of all, the fuckin' lads.

Hooray!

I could go on...there is so much more to say but sher fuck it.



Go On.

No comments: